NEW TO DVD
Thomas Indian School Reunion (2004) - a film by Terry Jones
Seneca Nation Territory / 2014 & 2018 / Short Doc / English / Digital / 4X3 / Stereo / 30 Minutes
SUMMARY: "From 1855 to 1957, the Thomas Indian School (formerly known as Thomas Asylum for Orphan and Destitute Indian Children) operated on the Seneca Territory in New York State. Each year, former students gather and share their experience about the boarding school. These former students share their unique perspective of life as they fought to retain their native identity."
In 2004, the director filmed the reunion of former students at the Thomas Indian School in western New York. Personal testimonials include community members Rhoda Leaffe, Alice Gonzalez and Joanne Kabance. The 2018 version of the film includes additional testimonials and footage not included in the original film. The running time of newly extended and re-edited version of the film went from 14 minutes to 30 minutes.
THIS TITLE IS AVAILABLE FOR ONLINE RENTAL.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Thomas Indian School Reunion
- Purchase of this dvd is for home and personal use ONLY.
- No public screenings without written consent of thefilmmaker.
- Information about educational & institutional copies may be purchased through the filmmaker’s website: https://www.tornjerseymedia.com/product-page/thomas-indian-school-reunion-2004
- Proceeds of this dvd help the filmmaker invest in new film projects.
- Nyah:wëh for supporting independent Indigenous filmmaking!